Nov 17, 2008

Truth - Independent from Ideas

I have much to write about concerning issues observed during our recent election. Mostly, I an troubled with how unconcerned we are about what is actually true, and how reality governs what actually happens. I recently made this statement in an email conversation with a similarly concerned person in my church:
"With the decline of investigative journalism, the politics of scientific funding, and the corruption in the education system, “truth” is left to be revealed only by consequence rather than wisdom and aforethought. Sadly, the Church has not risen above the culture in these matters, and the truth remains hidden until it wreaks havoc with people and the nation."
I'll write more on this, particularly on the role of the Church in society at a later date (read: as soon as I have time to get my thoughts together on this.) Below is a video someone sent me that illustrates this point to some degree. Looks like Peter Schiff took a lot of heat for being right.



Truth - "conformity with fact, or reality."

Reality - "something that exists independently of ideas concerning it."


SCF

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this letter to Chrysler http://www.order-order.com/2007/06/letter-to-miliband.html and I am wondering if this is you and what happen to the neon. Did it explode? Did they respond? Did you sell it or still own it? Did you crush it up and use it for a paper weight?

Unknown said...

See new post for answers...

Anonymous said...

Wow! This video completely blew me away. Why can't we have intelligent, wise people like Schiff running our country's monetary system instead of the fools we have in there now (and over the past several years)?!

Thanks for sharing this!

- JC